Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Quill Quest is ON!!

click to enlarge

Thanks to @Rubeus__Hagrid we have a screen cap of the Pottermore Magical Quill challenge.

7 Books, 7 Days, 7 Chances!

Sounds like we may be on the right track with the clues from the books we've been hunting.

I'll keep updating this page as new information is shared.  Contribute what you're hearing in the comments below, and the big news I'll add up here!

The Quill Quest is On!

Updates as they come in:

  1. Must read: Pottermore Insider:  The way I'm reading this, you only have to successfully answer one clue and find that day's quill to register, if you do it while that day's registration is still open.  You don't have to do all 7!  But they close registration for the day after a certain number is reached. I guess this is to make it more challenging and give more people a chance.
  2. When you find the clue, type it into the end of: http://quill.pottermore.com/  Note: Just because something you type in now doesn't work does not mean it's not a clue for sure. They may not activate the pages until the clue is released to keep people from random guessing.
  3. Based on some comments I'm seeing below and in other posts: the clue has not been released yet, just the process for how they will be released and what we must do to answer. I'm guessing, judging the time and that the UK is in bed, it will be tomorrow sometime. What they've done is to prepare us for how the clue process and early registration will work.
  4. As soon as a clue is released and I know about it, I will post it here. If I know the answer right away, I'll post that. Otherwise, we can work it out together.
  5. Seems like beside the 7 Day banner, a couple of new items got added to the desk. Going to check my old file and see what's changed.
  6. New items on desk -- what appears to be a red writing pen and an ivory Chess pawn, but I'm guessing both items are for pressing the wax seal. What do you think? Also something that appears to be a broken white quill on the front right corner near a letter.
  7. Major News -- As has been mentioned in the comment trail from a post on Mugglenet's forum, LeakyCon attendees were given a preview that for the first clue you will need to go to Diagon Alley. Note, this is NOT the clue. It's a hint for the clue. The actual clue is supposed to be released after 8 am British Time.
  8. I'd like to clarify one thing because I was a LeakyCon attendee as well -- the leaked information was posted here on my blog before I ever got my letter. People had found it released elsewhere and posted here in comments.
  9. Today's clue is posted! How many breeds of owls mentioned in Eeylops Owl sign x 49! Hurry! 
  10. I'm IN!! My new Pottermore name -- PhoenixEye64 !! Find me when we can all play!
  11. Guys, I just added a new poll to the blog --->> I'd love to know how many people who come here are in!
  12. I've started a new post to share Pottermore usernames. Check it out at And My Pottermore Name Is...  However, clue discussions in the following days will continue here!
  13. In case you haven't already seen it, Pottermore Insider has answered some basic questions about the Quill Quest: http://bit.ly/pT0IdJ
  14. IF YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED -- Roxanne just posted a link in the comment trail to some pictures from inside Pottermore that look very legitimate. They are from Facebook from someone in France. I looked at the first couple and stopped because I want to explore myself. But here's a link for those who can't wait! Pottermore Pics
  15. Sorry! I was asleep for the release of clue 2 (Monday)! But my forums were not! Thank you all who shared in the comment trail and helped each other out. For the record, the clue was once again a number with multiplication clue -- in which chapter did McGonagall cancel the Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, multiply it by 42. Alas, registration for today is already closed.
  16. The Pottermore Insider has updated with a new post. The most interesting detail on it to me is that the Welcome e-mails letting the Beta players into Pottermore will not start to come until AFTER all 7 clues have been released.
  17. Pottermore Insider has been updated! Tomorrow's (Wednesday's) clue will post between 9 am to 1 pm BST, which is between 4 am to 8 am Eastern (I think)!
  18. Day 3 (Tuesday's) Clue: In the Gryffindor versus Slytherin Quidditch match, in Harry's third year, how many points is Gryffindor leading by before Harry catches the Golden Snitch?
    Multiply this number by 35.
  19. Answer is in the comment trail. Just click "last activity" to see most recent comments for help!
  20. 4th day (Wednesday's) clue to post between 2 pm - 6 pm British, 9 am - 1 pm Eastern.
  21. Be ready with your multiples of 28! :-) 
  22. New Clue:  How many students take part in the Triwizard Tournament during Harry's fourth year?
    Multiply this number by 28.
  23. The Sony site is broke, just reenter this address: http://quill.pottermore.com/112
    It will take you straight to the page!!! 
  24. Day 5: What is the house number of the Headquarters for The Order of the Phoenix in Grimmauld Place? Multiply this number by 21.
  25. Day 6: How many chapters are there in HARRY POTTER and the Half-Blood Prince?
    Multiply this number by 14.
  26. Day 7: How many Deathly Hallows are there? Multiply this number by 7.
  27. Seek for help in the comment trail!

P.S. - Need a professional edit on your manuscript before you submit or publish direct? Be sure to check out my services!